AAA school aren't they?
Scores from tonight's tournament in Clinchco:
Monacan HS (Richmond, VA) - 89
Pound - 30
Mt Zion (Durham, NC) - 108
Castlewood - 42
Haysi - 68
Ervinton - 40
I'm going to tell ya right now, if you want to watch an athletic high school boys basketbal game, be in Clinchco Wednesday night around 8 to see Monacan and Mt. Zion go at it.
AAA school aren't they?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Monacan is Triple-A out of Richmond. Talked to their coach tonight. He said they like to bring their boys to other parts of the state (area) to play. While many kids in our area don't see much outside of Wise Co., their boys don't see much outside of Richmond. I believe they are even staying somewhere within the Breaks Park. They had to get keys from the park ranger. Culture shock for a group of kids from Richmond.
Mt. Zion is a Christian Academy. Their roster is made up of kids from all over. A few from the Bahamas, one or two from New York, a few from the NC area. One from the Republic of Georgia.
There is a scheduled dunk contest tomorrow night. I assume these two clubs will make up most, if not all, the participants. Monacan had 2 dunks tonight versus Pound, one on an ally-oop off of a 1/2 court set. Mt. Zion threw one down in the first half off of a missed shot. Player followed it up with a dunk off the rim.
Bookmarks